A Brief History of Mirror
Latency Simulaton Transport
Mirror Quick Start Project
Unity Canvas HUD
Ready Up And Die!
iOS AppStore UDP
These transports are included with Mirror.
UDP transport based on kcp.c, line-by-line translation to C#
- Simple, message based, MMO Scale TCP networking in C#. And no magic.
Simple Web Sockets
- WebGL transport layer for Mirror that target browser clients.
- Bridging transport to allow a server to handle clients on different transports concurrently, for example desktop clients using Telepathy together with WebGL clients using Websockets.
- Middleman transport to test non-ideal network conditions
These transports are maintained by third parties outside of Mirror.
- plug and play encrypted middleman transport layer for mirror.
- reliable and unreliable sequenced UDP transport based on ENet.
- UDP transport based on
These transports are maintained by third parties and use relay infrastructure to connect clients to servers behind firewalls / NAT.
Steam - FizzySteamworks
- Transport utilizing Steam P2P network, building on Steamworks.NET.
Steam - FizzyFacepunch
- Transport utilizing Steam P2P network, building on Facepunch.Steamworks.
Epic - Epic Online Services
- Relay transport utilizing Epic's free relay service.
LRM - Light Reflective Mirror
- Relay transport for WebGL clients.
OculusP2P - Oculus Platform
- Relay Transport for Oculus Quest 1 & 2.
Changing transports is very easy and only requires a few steps:
Go to the game object that has the Network Manager component
Add another transport script via the Add Component button
Drag the transport script to the "Transport" field in the Network Manager
Remove the old transport script (optional)
If you have connection issues with a transport that requires port forwarding, make sure to port forward the correct protocol (TCP / UDP).
Cheats & Anticheats
On this page